With woodlands of red and gold, miles of walking trails, onsite fishing, crackling log fires and a whole host of family attractions, October half-term is a magical time to enjoy a glamping holiday at By the Wye in Hay-on-Wye. Why not brave a hair-raising Halloween event, enjoy hot chocolate by the fire, or simply slip on your walking boots and explore the beauty of the autumn countryside?
Halloween half-term holidays in the woods
Halloween is a perfect excuse for you and your family to indulge in a well-earned break. Nowhere is a better backdrop to your October half-term Halloween break than the woods; tell each other stories under the tree canopy or join in one of the onsite activities. But you’ll have to be quick. Halloween breaks are nearly gone for this year… or why not get in early and book Halloween for next year. All of these onsite activities are included for free with family holidays booked in October half-term:
- Enchanted woodland Halloween trail
- Pumpkin carving workshops
- Woodland discovery bushcraft session
- Scavenger hunt & mindful nature walk
- Spooky treasure hunt trail of Hay-on-Wye
Last available October half-term 2022 dates –
- Friday 21st October for 2/3nights – The Ivy
- Monday 24th October for 2/3nights – The Ivy
- Friday 28th October 2/3nights – Ash
- Monday 31st October 2/3/4nights – Cwtch, Holly, Ash & Ivy
- Friday 4th November 2nights – Cwtch Holly, ash, Ivy & Meadow
- Sunday 6th November – Closed for 2022
Why chose Hay-on-Wye for your October half-term holiday? Autumn is the perfect time to get outside with your family and enjoy creating wonderful memories. And with all the events and activities you can get up to in our National Park it’ll be impossible for the kids to get bored this October half-term. Read about the top 10 Autumn activities in the Brecon Beacons.