Book with Confidence Guarantee – By the Wye
In these uncertain times, we understand the importance of having something to look forward to for you and your family, but we also know that you need to be confident that your money and your plans are protected. By the Wye have taken all necessary measures to adhere to government regulations and advice and to help keep all of our guests and staff safe. You will have the space, the options and the service of our By the Wye team to help you have a great break.
We hope that the flexibility and assurance below gives you the confidence to start counting down to a break at By the Wye:
- No quibble date moves or refunds, for all arrivals up to and including 31st October 2021. We’re pleased to offer free cancellation and a refund or you may move your break to a date in the future with no amendment fee right up to the date or arrival in all the instances detailed below. Simply contact us via email [email protected] and we will process the change as soon as we can:
- If we cancel your break, or you are personally impacted by COVID-19 or by related Government restrictions.
- If you’re unwell with COVID-19 symptoms and/or have a confirmed case or if you’re required to isolate by Test & Trace, please do not visit.
- If you simply change your mind
- Should you have to cancel you will receive a full refund minus £10 which our card company charges to process the payments.
- Please help us to help all of us stay safe. Keep updated with your home area government guidance as well as for By the Wye which is located in Powys, Wales. It is necessary that you follow all restrictions applying in both locations. By the Wye will adhere to local restrictions relating to the new Alert Tiering System. Please expect to be challenged by the By the Wye staff if you are contravening guidelines and please respect and understand that is their responsibility by law.
- International arrivals. All guests visiting By the Wye from overseas, please check the UK government’s Travel Corridor list. You cannot use By the Wye as a quarantine location and you must complete any quarantine requirements prior to your planned break.
Stay with confidence
- Your responsibility. Please keep updated with your local area government guidance as well as advice for Powys, Wales, and abide by any restrictions imposed and please do keep to social distancing guidelines and remember your face coverings.
- The Rule of 6 is law in the UK. If you are a party larger than 6, please prepare to be questioned by our team on arrival or during your break. By the Wye are legally required to enforce the Rule of 6, both in terms of staying in a safari tent and in mingling/socialising around the By the Wye woodland site.
- Arrival and Departure times. You can arrive and access your accommodation from 3pm. We ask that you depart your accommodation no later than 10am, and you must leave the By the Wye site by 1pm.
- NHS Test and Trace. You will be able to use the NHS COVID-19 App to scan the QR code to identify when you have entered your accommodation at By the Wye.
- Feeling unwell. If you or a member of your party is feeling unwell or showing any symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you do not visit By the Wye. If you feel unwell when on holiday please stay in your safari tent or return to your safari tent and contact the By the Wye team via phone. Staff will advise you what to do next.
- By the Wye is playing its part in keeping us all on site. Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in you being asked to leave By the Wye.
- More space. We have limited numbers guests on all activities and in our reception space.
- Keep your distance. Please keep a safe, social distance of 2m where possible from other guests when you are exploring the By the Wye site. When serving and interacting with our guests, our colleagues will also maintain social distancing wherever possible.
- Extra measures. Where social distancing is not possible, such as reception desks, our colleagues will serve you from behind Perspex screens. Colleagues will be provided with the appropriate equipment, including face coverings and sometimes visors too, in line with government guidance.
- Extra cleaning. Our teams have undergone advanced training to enhance our tried and tested cleaning processes; additional cleaning is being undertaken, with particular attention paid to our accommodation and high touch points.
- Easy payment. Payments will be made online via our payment system Stripe.
Changes to our Activities
Pre booking is compulsory for all activities.
- All activities must be pre-booked in advance via email or phone.
- For some activities, group bookings larger than 6 are not currently accepted.
- For some activity bookings a face covering may be required for those aged 11 years and over.
- Outdoor play areas are available, but a responsible adult must supervise children when using this area and ensure hand sanitiser is applied before entering the play area.